2.07.2005

A couple of things

Hope everybody's weekend was swell. Mine? Well, it felt like work days to me. Crazy stuff going on. But I digress....

First of all, the date has been set for ROLL YER OWN: FEBRUARY 24. That's a Thursday, at 8PM at the Red Chair in the Amsterdam Walk area off of Monroe Drive, Midtown. I'll work on updating the poster/flyer tonight so everyone will have that to post up around town or what have you.

Also, a big CONGRATS to James Palmer for his fantastic work on CHASING THE SWAMP FOX. a documentary on the Revolutionary War figure Francis Marion. It was shown on South Carolina's Public Television channels recently and will be aired in constant rotation. I got a chance to see the doc this weekend at Hollis Gillespie's loft with a good group of friends and it was fascinating. History can be captivating if it is done well in documentaries and James and his cohort, Wavy Davey (I'm sure he has a real name), succeeded wonderfully here. It was a load of time and energy and effort put into the thing and I'm sure that James is happy that it's done and will be able to move on to other things now. James and I met through Ava's preschool as his wife, Mandy, is Ava's teacher. We struck up a conversation early on and have become close friends ever since. It's great too, as we can talk art-shop and we both don't have to dumb down our conversations with each other. Refreshing. His portfolio can be seen HERE, along with some of the work showcased on SWAMP FOX. art smear is his blog. Check it out as he puts up some great digital sketches and paintings on a continual basis (unlike me).

Gotta run. Some of my sketches soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hey man,

    I speechless... Thanks so much for the heavy duty plug man. I can't tell you how much it meant to me that you were able to be there. I forwarded your link you Wavy and he should be getting back atcha as well. Anyway, cheers mate! I am so grateful for your friendship/support/encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Way to go James! Can't wait for it to come out on DVD so that I can watch it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    I love your beautiful artwork especially those other drawings.

    ReplyDelete